On december 2,was my mother's 49 days.Some of us (sisters) who are in overseas,could not go back to penang to attend her 49 days praying ceremony.
We all felt so sad,but what to do..we are so far away and also "broke"..hahaha..
So ,my eldest sister,(Jacky) and my youngest sister(Sylia) and my brother(Micheal) managed to do the praying ceremony as they are staying in malaysia.

My eldest sister,Jacky who stayed and work in Johor ,came back to penang on december 1st(monday) and so did my brother,Micheal.They both came back a day earlier as they have to help my youngest sister,Sylia to prepare for the praying ceremony.

We ,who are in overseas suggested to my sister ,Sylia,to phone us when the ceremony started,so that we can also pray and talk to our mum...
The praying ceremony started at 8.30am on december 2(tuesday),so the when "sai kong" says it is alright to phone us,my sis,Sylia rang us one by one..

I was the first one,she phoned as I was the second in the family...
So when I answered the phone call,Sylia "on" the speaker phone mode,so that my voice would be heard loud and then,my eldest sister,Jacky lighted up a joss stick and passed it over to Sylia to hold on my behalf.

I then prayed and talked to my mum,asking for her forgiveness,as I could not go back to penang on her 49 days.I also told my mum,to rest in peace and do not worry about us(siblings) as we will take care of each other.I try not to talk too much as my other sisters who are in overseas is also waiting for their call.

So after ,I have prayed and talked to my mum,my sister(Sylia) phone my other sisters in turns.I felt much better after the phone call,as I so much wanted to return to penang to attend her 49 days praying ceremony ..and most is ,I still miss her so much.

I am really grateful to the world's technology for make handphones with the speaker phone mode.Even I am not there,my voice can be heard loud and clear,and I am sure my mum would be able to hear me too..

After the praying ceremony ,we all siblings agreed to chat via skype in the afternoon.So Sylia,who host the conversation,rang us all one by one..and we chated for alomost 2 and a half hours by skype..
We are really thankful,that due to the high tech,skype can handle group conversation..

On that day,we felt we are so close again, even though,we are all scatttered around the world,but we managed to chat like old times...laughing and crying ,just like we did when we were still kids time.
Just like my sister,aussie ah chee(jessi) says,my mum death brought us siblings to be so close again,and recently we would chat with each other whenever we see our siblings online.

One last sentence,before I end this post..Mama..we still miss you but we did get much more closer to each other(siblings)..and we do hope you will rest in peace and not worry about us..Mama..we will always loves you in our heart..

7 comments:

amycheah said...

hey very hi-tech eh praying...you guys have teach me this new method. I will apply this method for my relatives that staying abroad.

Glad to hear that all your sibling are being so closed to each other.

Kok said...

aunty,
I think your Mama would understand your absence...

Take care there.

jepunlauee said...

reply to amy and kok: ya..hope this method would be use by those who stay abroad..and ya,kok..I feel my mama will understand us...
thanks for commenting..

Xiao-Kia said...

Next time try setup camera so that you can see also. more meaningful. hehe. Good for those oversea ppl and thx to technology. ^^

TINTIN said...

Yes, today technology are great...even though we stay at different part of world we still can chat and see each other everyday. May your mom rest in peace!!!

Constance Chan said...

wherever you are, she is just in your heart. and i'm sure she heard you... everything is so advanced now.

Kimmy Suzuki said...

Agree with Xiao kia and Constance!Really thx to technology!we are so lucky to have everythings in advance nowadays sis!I`m glad that we can be closed to each other even we stay in all different places!Mom must be happy to see that..^^..