Today I am going to talk about "family education" after reading tintin's blog.As a mum,I feel we should let our kids learn to help us in our household chores.
I trained my kids when they were still in kindergarden ,like asking them to bring their own bowls and cups and chopsticks to the sink.
Later when they can do that ,they are also trained to wipe the table and sweep the floor.

When they started primary school,I was a bit relieved as they started to help me out in various household chores.They even have a "rotation board" and "information notebook",made by themselves..hehe...

The above photo is the "rotation board"which my kids made.It stated that on what day, who and who is in charge of what chores,for example ..cleaning the bathroom..sweeping the floor..ect..

The photo below is the "information notebook".In this notebook,they will write out who will be in charge of what chores they have to do ...They can also exchange chores on certain days when they are not free ,with each other..
Now that my eldest son is not staying with us anymore,his chores is being divided between my daughter and my second son,but my eldest son still will do his part when he comes home during his off days..

I will also write down what I want them to do for me on certain days when I am not free ,or when I am going to be late for lunch or dinner.

So usually after work,I can still goes shopping and not worry about the laundries as one of my kids will sure bring them in and fold them up.
Even on school holidays,I am also very relaxed and continue working,as my kids will cleanup when they have finished their lunch.I just have to make lunch in the morning and they will warm them up.
I do no feel that I am torturing my kids or being lazy myself,as I feel ,they do need to be independent.I want them to know ,what is the meaning of family helping each other..That is my way of "family education"..which I feel is very important...
So nowadays..I am much relieved as my household chores are divided amoung my kids and me...
That gives me more time to surf the net and also to watch my beloved dramas...hahaha...

11 comments:

Kikey Loo said...

that a really good idea.
the kids i taking care can't do anything by themselves..

Jesse Tan said...

For me sometimes I'm watching drama eating junk food then I lazy to wake up and throw rubbish, I will ask my dotter to throw it for me he he he....lazy mom...wait till she is old enuff I will train me dotter to do the chores...

sting said...

I totally agree to have family education... I find a lot of children nowadays are too pampered that they don't do chores...

amycheah said...

I do agree with what sting said. nowadays eh kids mostly not doing hse chores lo. I got ask the mother, she said, cos kesian to see her kids study hard in school then kek sim to let them do hse work!!! he he he ....this is now eh mom thinking wo!

I personally hv no comments cos I hv no kids ...he he he

TINTIN said...

Wow, got rotation board somemore.. good good..for me, i think it's good for our kids to practicing doing some house work.

NomadicMom said...

Hi! Good that you trained your kids to do chores with rotation board etc. It's difficult to train kids to be responsible for chores when there is hired help in the house. It's a case of "yuet pong, yuet mong" also.

Xiao-Kia said...

Hmm good system. I may use this for my department staff for job rotating. hahaha.

Constance Chan said...

you've taught them well. you're a wonderful mom!

jepunlauee said...

hehe..ya..teach them young,so they also feel it is their responsibilty to share the housework too...we(mum)also not so tired and stressed,when they helped us out...kekeke...

amoker said...

Ah, you are living in Japan. Sorry, just bump into your blog and was trying to contexualize. Nice Teresa Tang song. Very nostalgic.

K3ViN said...

lau ee... i like this word "I feel ,they do need to be independent". i totally agree with tat word. when they grow up they need to be independent...so family education is very important lor. Glad ur kids really do their part :P