Today is my daughter's primary school graduation day. The weather was quite cool as it is spring now...
We , the parents of the graduating students were required to wear the formal dress to the ceremony.In Japan,the formal dress is the black suit or dress.
We wear it for offical function only ,like for example for wedding,graduation ceremony , funeral and sometimes for school entrance ceremony too..

But you can differentiate the function we are going through by our stocking,as we will wear a beige stock for happy occasion and wear a black stocking if we are attending a funeral.
For the men,they will use a black formal suit with a white tie for happy occasion,and a black tie for attending a funeral..

Well ,that is the explaination of the black formal dress...

Now back to the graduation story...it started with the head master speech and then,the receiving of the primary school certificate by the students.

After receiving the school certificate,the student will walk down the stage and walk up to her parent(mother) and pass a red rose and a "thankyou" letter.
When my daughter pass the rose and the letter to me,I couldn't stop my tears from falling down,when she says those words.."Okasan(mummy),thankyou so much for upbringing me to this level,and today is my primary school graduation day....

At last my little girl has graduated,and will enter Junior High School in this April...
Here are some photos which I would like to share with you all.After the ceremony,we have a farewell lunch party,and I manage to take a photo of the food serve there..hehe..

10 comments:

calvin said...

sotsugyou omedetou :)

i could sense your feeling when your little girl came to you with the red rose and her letter of appreciation.

jepunlauee said...

Thank you so much,calvin for your comment..hehe..
Ya,I was very touched by her words...

amycheah said...

so touching "that" moment ...ur dotter is really sweet.

Joze Foo said...

lau ee, that was so sweet of your dotter...and the food looks so delicious...drooling adi!

sting said...

omedetou... wished we do have something like this too here.. makes it more meaningful to go to secondary (junior high)... all the best to your daughter :-)

jepunlauee said...

hehe..thank you,next I will post her secondary(junior high) school entrance ceremony photos in early April...

Kikey Loo said...

it hard to be a mum..
the sushi look very nice!

Anonymous said...

it sure made me tear too... See, you've a done a good job bringing up your kids, they are your result, Omedetou :-)

Jipunabor

K3ViN said...

ur dotter really sweet... i like her msg also.... looking 4ward 4 her secondary(junior high) school entrance ceremony photos.. The food look yummy nia :P

Sue said...

Wah..I have to wait for a very long time for my son's graduation...